Back to home

Guide for Frontline Workers

Where can I get temporary housing if I'm an essential worker?

If you are an essential California healthcare worker and you need a place to stay because you have family members who are considered at higher risk of getting severe illness from COVID-19, you may be eligible for temporary housing through the The Non-Congregate Sheltering (NCS) for California Healthcare Workers Program.

This program seeks to keep California’s healthcare workers safe and healthy while reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Through this program, healthcare workers who give critical care to COVID-19 patients are provided accommodations at participating hotels, so they don’t expose their household members to COVID-19. After their shift at the hospital, they can stay at a hotel near their healthcare facility for free or at a discount.


This article was written and edited by the Tayo editorial desk and has been reviewed by an independent panel of subject matter experts.

Learn more

Related articles