Once you have filed for a claim for Unemployment Insurance (UI), here are other actions you may need to do to ensure you receive your UI benefits:
- Wait for documents from the Employment Development Department of the State of California (EDD).
- Provide the EDD with information that qualifies you for unemployment benefits. This process is called “certifying for benefits”.
- Provide the EDD with additional information to verify your identity.
- Make yourself available for a phone interview should the EDD request for more information to verify your identity. This interview is an opportunity to review your application for unemployment insurance and justify your qualification for unemployment benefits based on your individual circumstance.
- Register for CalJOBS (https://www.caljobs.ca.gov/) within 21 days of filing for Unemployment Insurance.
When your Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim has been processed, you will receive your EDD Debit Card in the mail.
For more information, go to: EDD