If you use ride-sharing apps like Uber or Lyft to go to work or run essential errands, here are some of the ways you can protect yourself:
- Avoid riding with unmasked drivers or passengers.
- Minimize contact with frequently touched surfaces by drivers and passengers. Avoid touching door frames and handles, windows, and other vehicle parts.
- Politely refuse free water bottles or magazines when offered.
- Use in-app contactless payment.
- Practice social distancing (e.g., sit in the back seat diagonally across from the driver) and minimize conversation with your driver. Avoid pooled rides and limit the number of passengers riding with you who are not from the same household.
- Ask the driver to help improve ventilation by opening windows or setting the air conditioning on non-recirculation mode.
- When you arrive at your destination, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use at least a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.