Since March 2020, many local supermarkets and national chain stores have implemented special senior citizen shopping hours.
Most stores have continued to offer these hours reserved for those who are 60 years old and above to reduce contact with large crowds. The dedicated store hours start between 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on designated days during the week.
Shopping hours vary based on each store. Check each respective store website for hours at your preferred location.
Ralphs offers dedicated shopping for senior citizens who are 65 and older from 7:00 a.m to 7:30 a.m. daily beginning March 20.
Target is reserving the first shopping hour of every Wednesday to the elderly and those with underlying health concerns.
Vons, Albertsons and Pavilions will reserve every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. For senior citizens, pregnant women and those with compromised immune systems.
Whole Foods will open all their stores to customers who are 60 and older one hour before opening to the general public.
Smart & Final will open from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. for customers 65 and older and those with disabilities.
All 169 locations will open at 7:45 a.m. for seniors over 65 years old.
Walmart will give seniors 60 and older an hour of shopping before stores open every Tuesday. Walmart pharmacies and Vision Centers will also be open at this time.
Costco at 12700 Day St. in Moreno Valley will have no waiting for disabled shoppers.
Costco at Los Feliz, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Pacoima, and Northridge are open from
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. daily, only for those who are 60 and older, persons with disabilities, and those with weakened immune systems. Guests will not be admitted.
- Cardenas Markets at 25065 Sunnymead Blvd. and 14930 Perris Blvd. in Moreno Valley will offer reserved shopping for seniors, disabled, caregivers and first responders from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Glendale firefighters will deliver groceries to senior citizens amid the coronavirus outbreak. Those who would like to use the service can call 818-548-4814.
- Winco at 12880 Day St. in Moreno Valley will be offering reserved shopping from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Big Saver Foods will open from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. for seniors over age 65.
- Vallarta Supermarkets will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. for those 65 and older, pregnant women and those with disabilities.
- Super A Foods is reserving shopping from 7-8 a.m. for those 65 and older.
- Northgate Market
All 41 locations are reserving the first hour for seniors and customers with disability.
Seniors can start shopping at 7:00 a.m., one hour before stores open to all customers.
- 99 Ranch
Van Nuys, Monterey Park, Alhambra, San Gabriel are open from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Mondays through Fridays specifically for the elderly (60+), expectant mothers, persons with disabilities and/or compromised health.
Source: CBS Los Angeles