NOTE: This is not a comprehensive and complete list. We will continue to update services here.
COVID-19 has changed the way we work and go to school. Students are not the only ones who are adjusting to remote learning. Parents whose jobs allow for remote work have everyone in one household longer together, and had to take on a supportive role for their children’s education.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) offers the following coping strategies:
- Encourage open communication
- Limit excessive exposure to news and process it with them
- Find ways to help them remotely socialize with their peers
- Manage how much screen time they have and what they consume online
- Promote resilience by being present, empathetic, and nurturing
For mental health support, resources, and referrals call the LA County Department of Mental Health at (800) 854-7771 or text “LA” to 741741.
For additional support, you may also call: LAUSD Mental Health Hotline for students and families at (213) 241-3840