Faith is a core foundation of the Filipino family and community. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends individuals to apply or modify their own faith traditions to adhere to the current COVID-19 guidelines.
Your faith community may consider these strategies when conducting in-person gatherings:
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices (e.g. hand washing, using alcohol-based sanitizers, staying at home when sick, etc.)
- Educating participants by posting infographic signs regarding COVID-19 and ways to protect themselves and each other from catching and spreading the disease.
- Encouraging the use of face masks to protect infection within the faith community
- Upgrading the cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation process in faith-based locations.
- Continue the promotion of social distancing (e.g. limiting the size of gatherings, hosting outdoor gatherings versus indoors, and providing physical guides such as floor markings with tape or distancing chairs, etc.)
- Minimizing the use of frequently touched materials (e.g.worship aids, books, prayer rugs, items shared among or passed around congregants, etc.)
- Encouraging your congregants to bring their own materials or utilizing electronic versions of written materials
- Avoiding physical interactions and eliminating hand shaking when greeting staff and congregants