Back to home


Is it true that I can protect myself from COVID-19 by injecting or swallowing bleach, disinfectants, or rubbing alcohol?

This is not true, and it is very dangerous to do this. Do not put bleach, disinfectants, or rubbing alcohol into your body as they can cause serious harm to your health. These substances are meant to clean surfaces. If you ingest these products, immediately contact Poison Control by calling (800) 222-1222.

Source: WHO, CDC

This article was written and edited by the Tayo editorial desk and has been reviewed by an independent panel of subject matter experts.

Learn more

Related articles